28/03/2017 08:30 to 28/03/2017 16:30
CorporateWise Events - Jhb
Aligned to Unit Standard - 13948
This workshop is designed for managers of small businesses and junior managers of business units in larger organisations. The term business unit in this unit standard implies a small business, cost centre, section or department. Junior managers include, but are not limited to team leaders, supervisors, first line managers and section heads.
After this workshop the learner will be able to:
- Explaining the need for negotiation skills in business.
- Explaining the steps in the negotiation process.
- Applying the steps in the negotiation process to an authentic situation.
- Explaining strategies that could be used in negotiation.
The workshop covers the following:
- The need for negotiation skills in business.
- The steps in the negotiation process.
- Understanding how to apply the steps in the negotiation process to an authentic work situation.
- Understanding strategies that could be used in negotiation.
Identifying different types of closure and knowing when each is suitable.
Course fees include tea/coffee, a buffet lunch and a certificate of attendance.
We don't just train - we inspire
Learning shouldn’t be something employees have to do. It should be something they want to do.The primary objective of our training is to ensure that the knowledge acquired is applied successfully, adding real value and making a visible difference to work performance in the business environment.
Our workshops are outcomes based and our approach to learning encompasses all learning styles- oral, aural and kinaesthetic, so that all participants can benefit. We incorporate: role play, open discussions, exercises, games, video clips to name a few.
Participants are given real life examples and scenarios to ensure that they will be able to transfer this knowledge back to the workplace.
Our unique Microlearning platform, provides short, smart and focused instructional bursts that put learning into realistic performance contexts for greater retention and application in the workplace. These, delivered on a monthly basis, will help to reinforce the workshop learning and enhance the knowledge transfer to the workplace. This post-course platform includes:
- key-point reminders and tips
- short engaging videos
- useful articles
- quick and targeted assessments
Delegates have full contact to our family of facilitators online, via email or telephonically should they have any queries theory covered during the course at any time following the course, ensuring a quick turnaround on responses.